Yes, we learned everything there is to know about lesson planning, childhood development, pedagogical content knowledge, and all that good stuff. But wouldn't it be nice if there was a college course on the brutally honest truths of being a teacher?
(*Please note: This is a satirical post. We all chose teaching because we love what we do, and know that the more exhausted we are, the more we know we are truly making a difference!)
1. Pointless staff meetings (that could be simple emails!)
2. Complaining parents
3. The downfall of our social lives
4. Constant whining & crying students
5. All the germs, vomiting, disgusting bathrooms & nose-picking
6. Being permanently exhausted
7. Not having enough money at the end of every month
8. The endless amount of testing & data (leaving us barely enough time to actually TEACH)
9. Extreme bladder control
10. Never being able to sit = sore feet EVERY DAY
11. Wine will become more and more a consistent part of your end-of-the-day routine, the closer you get to Christmas break...
Buy this glass HERE.