We asked teachers what were the strangest things they have ever confiscated in their classrooms. Some of the responses were literally unbelievable. We put together a list of the funniest and weirdest ones. Enjoy!
1. "After hearing a girl scream in the middle of class one day, I asked what happened. She told me that one of the boys touched her with a 'giant booger ball.' She wasn't kidding... A couple of the boys were having a contest over who could stick the most boogers together into a massive booger ball. Disgusting!" -Mrs. J.
2. "One time, I walked into a study hall and found 2 boys hysterically laughing, while hitting each other with something. I told them to break it up and give me whatever they were using to hit each other. It was 2 fluorescent pink dildos. I can't even tell you how embarrassed the mother was, when she had to come into school to retrieve them." -Ron P., Fifth Grade
3. "During class one day, a student looked like he was texting under his desk. When I approached him to ask for the phone, I noticed he was rolling a f'n joint in my class!" -Carol A.
4. "I once walked in the girl's bathroom and found a female student selling her mother's diamond engagement ring to another student. That was one awkward phone call home to mom..." -Miss A.
5. "I had a high school student bring in a live octopus in a plastic jar. When I caught him showing his friends, he told me he was planning on putting it in one of the school urinals." -Mr. Bob
6. "One day after school, I ran into a couple of my students in the hallway acting suspicious, hiding something behind their backs. After some resistance, they handed it over. It was a plastic bag, in which the 2 boys had pooped. Apparently, they were going to leave it in their friend's locker overnight, as a prank!" -Mrs. G., Principal
7. "I once confiscated an authentic Japanese sword, sharp enough to cut through bone. It belonged to the student's father, who was a trained Karate master." -English Teacher in Japan
8. "Caught 2 students smoking from something behind school. It was a homemade pipe, made out of an apple. Needless to say, I definitely confiscated it." -Mr. Al, Phys. Ed Teacher
9. "One day, the class clown brought in a universal remote and programmed it to the classroom TV. He kept turning it on during the middle of class. Long story short, I figured it out pretty quickly." -Monica L.
10. "One of my students had a dead fish in his book bag. He had gone fishing before school and didn't think it would start to smell by the end of the day... He was wrong!" Harold D., High School Teacher in Florida
11. "Once, I walked in the boy's bathroom and caught kids taking shots of something. When I made them hand over whatever it was they were drinking, it wasn't alcohol. It was a bottle of snake blood! One of the boy's dads had just returned from a trip to Thailand. Quite the souvenir!" -Frank T.