One of the most common distractions in school is the cell phone. With the Snapchat generation, social media, and all the games & apps available on a smartphone, kids are glued to these things. As if trying to get a teenager's attention wasn't hard enough, already! Now, we're competing with the high-tech tools of distraction, and it's not an easy battle. So here is a list of some ideas you can use to control the cell phone madness in your classroom. May the force be with you!
1. DIY "Cell Block"
Find out how to make it here: PatCatan's
2. British Red PhoneBooth cubbies - for the crafty teachers out there!
3. Harry Potter-style Phone Prison
4. The "Phone Bank" filing cabinet
You can learn about this awesome "Phone Bank" here: The Stampede
5. The Distractions Box
Via: Math We Can Use
6. The Cell Phone Parking Garage
I saw this in a colleague's class the other day and thought it was pretty clever. pic.twitter.com/F6fEkcyE6H— Sarah Newton (@sarahnewtonmath) May 25, 2017
7. Personal Zip-Pouch Cell Phone Organizers
8. "Cell Phone Day Care + Charge Station"
9. The American Lit Teacher's "Cell Phone Jail"
10. Cell Lock-Up (with a timer) - If opened before the time is up, the alarm sounds!
11. Dollar Store Plastic Bin with some black duct tape & VOILÀ!
12. Duct-Tape Parking Spaces on the whiteboard
13. Numbered Classroom Pocket Chart for Cell Phones from Amazon
Buy HERE it on Amazon!
14. Thrift Shop Furniture Find!
Via: Belgian Cowboys
15. Anti-Cheat Technique - The easy & simple way!
16. Roll Call made easy!
Have you created your own cell phone distraction solution in your classroom? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured!