There are some things that you should just never say to a teacher. Whether you're a parent, a friend of a teacher, or simply an innocent bystander, consider yourself warned!
1. "My kid is easily bored. Is your class going to be interesting?"
2. “Maybe you should try doing more fun activities in your lessons.”
3. "My taxes pay your salary, so technically I’m kind of your boss.”
4. “I’m going to quit my desk job and do something easy like teaching.”
5. “I wish you cared as much about my children as you do about your salary."
6. "Must be nice to get paid to read books to kids, color pictures, and play all day... AND get the summers off.”
7. “Tests are a good way to see if teachers are doing their job right.”
8. “A good teacher wouldn't complain about having too many students.”
9. “You give too much homework. Just because you have nothing to do after school, doesn’t mean the kids have all the time in the world to spend on homework.”
10. “I know how to read and write, I’m pretty sure it can’t be that hard to teach it.”
11. “My son isn’t doing well in your class, what are you doing wrong?" (parent who takes kids on vacation for 2 weeks in the middle of the school year)
12. “Maybe you should spend more time on lesson plans and less time decorating your classroom."
13. "I went to school for 17 years, I'm sure I could be a teacher, too."
14. "Teaching sounds easy. You only have to work 10 months out of the year."
15. "Maybe your class is the problem because my son never misbehaves at home."
16. "Oh you teach kindergarten? I used to babysit kids, too."
17. "Maybe if you spent more time teaching in class, you wouldn’t have to give so much homework to make them learn the material at home."
18. "Are you doing anything important in your class this week?"
19. "You finish your workday at 3pm, how do you not have enough time in the day?"
20. "Maybe you should get another job during the summer and work 12 months of the year like normal adults."