The everyday life of teaching is highly underestimated. If you’ve been doing it for years, then it has definitely taken its toll, and you can probably relate to just about every single one of these signs!
1. Multi-tasking has become more than 2nd nature, it’s instinct.
2. Trying to find a sub is one of the hardest tasks you have.
3. Going shopping usually means you need new markers, folders, and staples.
4. You don’t care who they are, you don't allow anybody to lean back in their chairs!
5. Movie days are becoming more frequent in your class.
6. You’ve become the master at the “smile & nod without listening” from endless parent-teacher conferences.
7. You’ve mastered the art of devouring entire meals in between classes.
8. You get truly pissed off when you see the same mistakes over & over when you grade papers.
9. You think about freaking out in class on a daily basis…and sometimes you do.
10. This is what your mornings look like.
11. This is what you have to deal with in class every day.
12. You no longer care if you run into parents outside of school in your sweats.
13. Your school desk drawer is a combination of chocolate covered coffee beans, candy, Red Bull, red pens, and Aspirin.
14. All the muscles in your body relax when the bell rings.
15. You give impossible tasks to students just to watch them suffer trying.
16. You get depressed at the end of every school break.
17. You’ve lost all your patience when kids make mistakes in class and react on first instinct.
18. This is your reaction every time you get your paycheck.
19. You often daydream about doing this to those misbehaving students who don’t know when to stop!
20. You secretly feel angry when people interrupt conversations without raising their hand.
21. You push in random chairs at restaurants while you’re leaving.
22. You hate being called into a meeting with the Principal as much as students do.
23. You look at students like this when they ask what to do after you just gave the instructions.
24. You have no desire to go out and socialise on the weekends after talking all week in class.
25. You have 100's of students you call "your kids" because they all leave a special footprint on your heart...
Buy this mug HERE!
26. Your most favourite day of the year is no longer Christmas, but the last day of school.