That's right, it's Back-to-School season again! You just want to drop by the store for a couple things to make dinner and the signs taunt you as you walk in the door, I know. Whether or not you're excited to go back, you'll need to restock on those essential classroom tools...And unfortunately, it has got to come out of our starving teacher wallets.
Did you know that teachers spend on average $500 a year of their own money on supplies for students? Some of us up to $5,000 (according to a survey conducted by The Huffington Post last year). How much of your own money do you spend on school supplies each year? Please leave us a comment at the end of this blog!
So before you go emptying your bank account at the local stationary store, I've put together a list of some of the best deals on school supplies from Amazon, to date! I just finished ALL of my back-to-school shopping and you want to know the best part? It's all being delivered to my doorstep (thank you Internet, you're a gentlemen and a scholar!). I hope this list of awesome deals helps you save some time and money, as well. ENJOY!
*The following links are Amazon Affiliate links.
1. No matter how many you buy, these things disappear faster than tupperware lids in your kitchen and socks in the dryer. Be prepared with this killer deal on a 30-pack!
Click here to see the price on amazon: Elmer's Glue Sticks
2. Some kids think they're chewing gum, and others just need to erase a whole lot of mistakes. This 24-pack will come in handy!
Click here to see the price on amazon: Pearl Eraser
3. Think of all those papers to grade. No teacher can ever have enough red pens. Too bad they don't come with a bottle of red wine!
Click here to see the price on amazon: BIC Red pencils
4. Pack of 144 pencils...that'll last about a week or two in almost any classroom. #REALTALK!
5. I don't know about you, but if I don't highlight the important stuff in my notes and planner, I will never find it! Plus, I just love the neon colors.
6. When you've grown tired of the pencil sharpener interrupting your lesson every 5 minutes, have a back up plan.
Click here to see the price on amazon: BIC Pencils
7. Because watermelon-scented anchor charts might just make your day a little brighter... (works for me at least!)
8. "I have an abundant supply of working dry-erase markers!" -said no teacher EVER!
Click here to see the price on amazon: Expo Erase Markers
9. These come in handy on personal whiteboards and activities where students have dry-erase surfaces to use!
10. My school allowed me to paint half a wall in my classroom with chalkboard paint, which I allow my kids to draw on as a class reward.
11. The ultimate ripped textbook/notebook/worksheet page fixer-upper!
Click here to see the price on amazon: Scotch Tape
12. Without these in my life, I would probably forget everything I need to remember, especially the important things (like buy more coffee, wine, and aspirin).
13. For when kids fall asleep in class... HAHA just kidding! (but I've definitely thought about it)
14. I LOVE these because it saves so much wasted paper, which saves so many trees, and most of all, it saves some of my sanity from not having to make as many trips to the copy room!
15. Stickers make kids happy. Happy kids make happy teachers. Any questions? :)
16. And when a smiley face doesn't quite express the exact emotion, these hip Emoji Stamps will save the day!
Click here to see the price on amazon: 50 Emoji Stamps
17. They get the job done faster, they don't make that squeaky cranky noise, and I don't have to break a sweat sharpening all my pencils. #takemymoney!
18. But on days when I drink too many sodas and eat too many donuts, I consider this my compact cardio machine. #dontjudgeme
19. What can I say, I like to keep my drinks cold and this fits right on top of my desk. #impulsebuy
Click here to see the price on amazon: 6 Can Mini Fridge
20. Get organized! You're the teacher for Pete's sake! (who is Pete by the way?)