Spice up your classroom decor with some of these fun and easy projects. You can even get the students involved on an arts & crafts day. Group them up to turn it into a team-building exercise!
1. Paint old wooden stools into story cover seats
via IMGUR, STEVEISLESTCL
2. Take the ceiling tiles down and turn them into an art gallery (if the fire marshal allows it, of course!)
via IMGUR, CHRISTINE227
In case the principal says no, you can still use wrapping paper!
3. Paint cabinet doors with chalkboard paint
via FLICKR, REGAN76
4. Paint a cool mural on paper, and stick it to your ugly classroom door (again, you might want to check with the fire marshal first!)
via IMGUR, MISO_SOOP
5. Use spray paint to give some fun colors to your office supplies
6. Glue decorative contact paper to old shelves
7. Get this adorable travel mugs to go on your desk or carry around the classroom while you teach!
Find it HERE!
8. Throw some tennis balls on the chairs and spare yourself some headaches!
9. Got some old books? Make an awesome bench you can actually sit on...
via IMGUR, WHYNOTDAN
It's more stable than it looks.. See the full instructions here on how to build it.
10. Make some post-it note murals in the windows
via IMGUR, USA_ARSENAL
11. Make a "no name" paper display!
12. Glue crayons to a canvas and melt them with a hair dryer to create some abstract art pieces
13. Jazz up your pencil cup holder
14. Make your clothespins fancier for hanging things
15. Put a bunch of adjectives & nouns on depressor sticks to make choosing team names more fun!
16. Just because it's a whiteboard, doesn't mean is has to stay all white and boring, spice it up with some contact paper and stencils
17. Turn an old plain table into a colourful whiteboard table
18. Make decorative and clear labels to keep your supplies holders nice and neat